I thought I’d take the opportunity to compile my personal BEST OF list for 2011. I know it says 10, lets call the other 5 “honorable mentions”. Not much else to it than just wanting to, Lets Go!
10. RUINMYTUNE – Breathing In Pain (The Prodigy v. House of Pain v. Basment Jaxx)
Best breathe mashup since schmolli tackled it with slayer back in the day. Ironic, RuinMyTune didnt ruin my tune. The rap hits and my heart stops, True Story!
[Weird, this video wouldn't be hard to make yet they dont have one.]
09. WAX AUDIO – Lady Judas (Lady Gaga v. Judas Priest)
Not that I’m a huge fan of either but this was pretty damn cool. At least by my standards (which are high). Not to mention, it had a killer video. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say this was commissioned by the artists.
08. G3RST – We Speak No Cantina (Meco & John Williams v. Yolanda Be Cool)
Lets be honest, the video…. dat video.
07. COLATRON – Dressed to Fight (Elton John v. Boy Crisis & Nero)
That Boy Crisis track has been my shit since it dropped, but i could never find something for it. I swear Colatron did it up like Woodrow Wilson, Crakkk!!
06. DJ Lobsterdust – Whipotage (Willow Smith v. Beastie Boys)
There will NEVER be enough WHIP MY HAIR mash ups, true facts. Was gonna put up that Bassnectar one but I dont know who did that one and I’m partial to the homies. Yes, I’m bias… this is my list. Word!
05. Angels & Filth – Foster the People Re-Jiggle Thingie (Foster the People v. Chris Nemmo & Retroid)
If you are a fan of me and don’t know who Angels And Filth is, Step your life game up. No really though, A god among men demolishing one of the years best tracks. I dare you to not feel moved by this.
04. DJ SCHMOLLI – Cold As Superbeat Prometheus (Kraddy v. Rob Zombie v. Foreigner)
This is the Schmolli i like, and homie killed it in the best way possible. I especially approve of this since dude was ambitious enough to take on a kraddy track. Cold Blooded!
03. SIMON IDDOL & MANGO – Glitch Punx (The Glitch Mob v. The Young Punx)
Behind the soul crooning and heavy raps, there is one hell of a remix that will eat your face off. I’m sure that remix in the back would’ve won that Glitch Mob remix contest, Shouts out to APC!
02. FRAIL LIMB PURITY – Soul Like Khan: Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul (Soul Khan v. The Glitch Mob & R/D)
All the meaning is in the lyrics. Just listen.
01. MASHUP GERMANY – Topo of the Pops (Everything v. Everything v. The Kitchen Sink)
I personally dont like multi-mash ups or “end of the year, all the stuff” mash ups. . but i’d be a hater if i said mashup germany didnt kill it with this thing. . . im gonna assume mashup germany has a face like the guy in captain america.
And there you have it, my personal year end list. I included myself, its my list. Anything goes!
-t. (Frail Limb Purity)